Holidays are a prime time for vacations. Unfortunately, it is also a prime time for residential burglaries. This is due to lawbreakers preying on traveling families and homes that seem to be empty for extended periods of time.
Below are some helpful ideas to protect your home and deter criminals:
- Set up home security cameras with motion sensors and bright lighting. Set these up with random timers to keep thieves from detecting a pattern.
- Keep the exterior of your home clear with open spaces.
- Get to know your neighbors. Neighbors are much more likely to notice suspicious activity within the neighborhood and report it.
- Put your mail on hold with USPS Hold Mail. This will keep your confidential information in a safe place till you return (for up to 30 days).
- Set up a Vacation Watch with Fort Bend Constable office so they can monitor your home while you are out of town.
The link provided below will guide you through the set-up process:
Did you find this article helpful? Your neighbors and friends might too. Spread the news via Facebook, Twitter & Nextdoor!